Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Push-Paint Creations

We read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? today. I know it isn't written by Eric Carle, but he illustrated it so I included it in our lesson this week. To go along with the story, we made push-paint art. The kids took a creased piece of paper and put a few globs of paint near the center.
Then they folded the paper and pushed the paint around. When they opened the paper back up, there was a beautiful work of art.
So I asked the kids, "What do you see?" I encouraged them to look at their painting from all angles and then I wrote their answers on the paper, adding "looking at me."


I had printed this out on my computer:
And I displayed the art around it.
I borrowed this activity from my former co-teacher. Thank you, Miss Sara!

**If you liked this, check out our push-paint monsters!**

No comments: