Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Painting with Marshmallows

Last week I had the kids collect some sticks from the playground. I had planned on using them as paintbrushes. But then yesterday I got the idea to put marshmallows on the ends of the sticks! And a brand-new (for me) art project was born.
So I put some marshmallows on the ends of the sticks,
and put them in bowls of shallow paint.
For the mini marshmallows, I just used toothpicks. You could go one step further and buy those jumbo marshmallows and have three different sizes, but I was happy with my two. I can make rice krispie treats with the leftover big ones and I'll be using the leftover mini ones for another project later this week. The kids were very excited to be painting with marshmallows!


They all used them like stamps, dabbing them up and down.
I thought it was fun! I even showed the class how they could make a picture with them (see the first picture of this post), but most kids just did the dots.
I did have one child that made a sun and flower, though. He said he just used his imagination!
So there you have it. Marshmallow stamping. Looks like fun, doesn't it?

**Linking up to the parties on my sidebar!**

4 comments:

Earning-My-Cape said...

I love this!!! What a great idea! I am sooo pinning it! :-)
I host a weekly Super Link Party on Wednesdays, I'd like to invite you to link up with me next week, if you'd like. http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/
I hope to see you there! :-)
Susie

Carrie said...

What a great idea!! I love it, Betsy!! Thanks for sharing it at Sharing Saturday!!

Unknown said...

How clever! We love painting with marshmallows, but it never occurred to me to push a stick through one. Fun!

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the stamping aspect of it! Featured this post on The Sunday Showcase! Stop by and grab a button if you'd like!